This refashion started out as a hugely too big skirt.
I picked this skirt up at Goodwill the same day I bought these shirts. It was too big, but the tags were still on, and the material was so comfy. At $1.49, I couldn’t leave it behind.
This was such a quick refashion.
Here’s a breakdown:
- Try the skirt-soon-to-be-dress on, and pin the (top) sides to fit.
- Take the dress to the sewing machine and put under the needle at the pin mark.
- Line a piece of masking tape up with the side seam. This will be your sewing line. (I was too lazy to measure and pin the dress.)
- Sew from top to bottom. Make sure the side seam is lined up with the tape, and the ends are lined up. Sew using stitch appropriate for material.
- Try new dress on. If it fits, good, if not- make adjustments.
- When dress fits cut extra fabric from sides. This will be used for the straps.
- Sew the fabric pieces into tubes, turn right side out.
- Match the unfinished ends of tubes, and sew to the center top front of dress.
Pull down to your hips, and tie the ties around your waist for a belt. Now you have a go-anywhere maxi skirt.
What do you think?
On to Cleaning Business…Project #16 is deep cleaning the bathroom. Our bathrooms were in pretty good shape, but I still cleaned them. (Even though I tried talking myself out of it.)
When I tackled the bathroom closet last week, I didn’t have the chance to take care of the medicine cabinet, or under the sink cabinet. So that is where I poured my love today.
The medicine cabinet (top): The top two shelves belong to the hubby, so I didn’t do much there. I cleared everything out, wiped down the shelves, and put hubby’s stuff back. I went through my stuff (bottom shelf), tossing items I didn’t need.
Under the sink (bottom): Same process, I pulled everything out, washed it down. Then I purged products that were almost gone, or that we didn’t use, and put everything back. (I also decided to store the toilet brush in here. I kept picturing a toddler sword fight. )
It doesn’t look much different, but I know it is clean. All of the bathroom cabinets have been cleaned and purged!
Are you cleaning along? If so, are you finding that it is getting easier each day?