Its ten days into 2013. Usually any resolutions I have made are long forgotten be now. What about my commitment to Create for Cash?
As you may remember from last week, I set a goal of Creating for at least 30 minutes every day for a year. Can I do it? So far, mostly, yup. Here’s a breakdown from the past nine days:
- 1st- 1 1/2 hours in sewing room
- 2nd- 1 1/2 hours in sewing room
- 3rd- 1 hour in sewing room
- 4th- 1 1/2 hour in sewing room
- 5th- I had some housework that had to get done during naptime, so I crocheted while the boys were playing. (30 minutes +)
- 6th- The boys wanted to party all night, so naptime also meant mommy naptime. Frogged dishcloth from yesterday, and started over. (30 minutes +)
- 7th- 1 1/2 hours in sewing room
- 8th- Took pictures, edited pictures, and started working on Etsy listings (talk about overwhelming!)
- 9th- 1 hour in sewing room
These are my (mostly) completed projects from this week, plus I have cut out a few in each pattern so they are ready for customization. It doesn’t look too impressive in photo; maybe I should have posted a picture of the stack waiting to be customized.
I have learned that ironing and cutting takes more time than anything. I also learned that although I love sewing and the final product, I truly enjoy the ironing and cutting process. Therapeutic of sorts.
I have also fallen into a routine that I enjoy. (You know me and routines. ) On the flipside, I still have to focus on being deliberate (see Saturday and Sunday).
I plan in the next week or two to discuss my routine (if it is still working), the how's and why’s of what I make, and my plans for other items.
What motivates you? How do you squeeze in time (or squeeze out productivity)?