I have two of the six crocheted Detroit Tiger hats finished. (Two more are just waiting to be appliqued.) I thought I’d share those today since 1. They are so stinking cute. and 2. I am so stinking proud of them.
I used the Newsboy hat beanie pattern (108) from Posh Patterns on Etsy. These two hats are worked up in Caron Simply Soft. The D is cut from felt, and hand stitched on. The flower is a basic crocheted five petal flower.
The pattern is very clear and easy to understand. The method used to stiffen the brim was new to me, yet still easy to understand (even for a left handed, backwards, non-gauge checking crocheter like myself). Overall, this pattern was worth the investment (and I usually cringe at buying patterns).
Here are a couple more shots:
(I think Zeke may be a bit annoyed that I put a girl hat on his brother.)
Okay, lets get to business, my to-dos for this week:
- Write up a menu for this week.
- Finish other 4 Detroit hats.
- Finish gift sets. (I cannot wait to share these!)
- Use/freeze zucchini.
- Trim bushes around house.
- Spread mulch.
- Tweak Etsy shop policies, and open shop. (figure I should follow my just sew mantra, and tweak things afterwards)
Quartered Heart Crochet