Monday, April 23, 2012

What's for dinner this week?



This past winter I made a dry erase menu board. It is can be very helpful when used. I have trying to get the hang of this meal planning business.

This is what I have been doing: Our menu goes from Sunday to Saturday. On Saturday I look in the freezer and pantry for dinner ideas. Then I ask hubby, "What sounds good for dinner this week?" I wipe the board clean, and write down our plans. Then, if needed, I find recipes and stick with a sticky note so they are easy to find. Next I write our shopping list, buy the goods, and we have a home-cooked meal most nights of the week.

We have a very busy household, our son is currently in track and baseball, and our daughter is in softball and pom-pom. If I know everybody's schedule, I can try to avoid costly takeout all week. I try to do easy dinners, or crock pot meals (LOVE my crock pots) on the busiest days. Actually that is what I do most days, but it still helps to have it wrote down, another to-do.

Here's our plan this week:

Sunday: Crock pot Mac n Cheese
Monday: Jambalaya
Tuesday: Enchiladas
Wednesday: Tater Tot Casserole
Thursday: Crock pot Italian Chicken
Friday: Leftovers
Saturday: Grillin! (Burgers or Brats)

No comments:

Post a Comment