Thursday, April 26, 2012

Repaying thoughtfulness

We try to live frugally. I can't say that we are on a budget, because we are not. It may happen someday, but not today. In the meantime, we save wherever and however we can.

One way we save is scouting previously loved baby stuff. We are not ashamed to take used clothes, equipment, and toys off of peoples hands (if we have a need for the item).

One friend gave us a ton; crib, two high chairs, pack'n'plays, double stroller, clothes, toys, and much more; refusing payment of any sort.

She has mentioned a couple of things she likes, and I know I can make them. I have been keeping a to-do list, so I can let her know how much our family appreciates her thoughtfulness. Well, a list means nothing unless you take action. She is leaving for vacation in less than two weeks, so I need to get crafting!

Here are my plans:
  • A couple of flower hair accessories
  • ID wallet
  • Passport wallet
  • Luggage ID
  • Time permitting- Slouch hat
I will update with photos, and links as soon as (or if) I finish.

Time to get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment