Tuesday, November 13, 2012

30 by 30 Update, Only 6 Months Left!

Instead of New Year’s Resolutions, I made a list, a list of thirty things I want to accomplish before I turn 30 (next May). This is not a crazy-exciting list. This is not a outrageous, adventurous bucket list. This is just a list of a few things that I have need to personally work on. Sorta a list to help corral the chaos.

Without further ado, here’s my updated list. (a strikethrough means completed):

  1. purge home, clear clutter {Ongoing. Seriously, will this ever be done?}
  2. make cleaning a habit {Still working on this. Taking a cyber-break helped a ton!}
  3. make recycling a habit {After a few visits to town council meetings, our town finally started curbside recycling in August!}
  4. scan pictures, organize pictures {Have not even touched this. To my defense, the desktop started deciding when it wants to work, and it is not very often. (Lame excuse, I know.)}
  5. organize recipes {Same result as #4}
  6. paint bedroom; decorate {Started thinking about colors…}
  7. paint living room; decorate {Picked a color, bought a sample, loved it. Need to remove wallpaper border at top of 12 foot wall, buy paint, and paint!}
  8. learn how to effective manage household, and time {Ummm, I am thinking this is going to take me a very long time…}
  9. make wedding album {See #4}
  10. journal for the boys {Procrastinator! I will do this this week. I’ll tell you about it when I’m done.}
  11. journal for my husband {See #10}
  12. learn how to use my camera, and take more pictures {Getting better.}
  13. have monthly date nights with my husband {Sitter situation has been difficult. Note to self; make this a priority!}
  14. go on mini-vacation with hubby {We did go away overnight in September. For a wedding. Does that count?}
  15. go on vacation with the family {Thanks to a wonderful Christmas gift last year we took the family to Great Wolf Lodge. This is probably going to have to suffice for this year.}
  16. read to the boys every day {Ongoing.}
  17. learn to/teach the kids to pray (and Lord's prayer, and Ten Commandments) {Am I a bad mom?}
  18. teach my step-daughter to sew and/or encourage her creative interests {Struggles here…}
  19. implement a budget {Nope}
  20. start nursing clinicals {Find out in a week if I’m in!}
  21. manage time better {Isn’t this the same as #8? Guess I know what I need to be working on!}
  22. get up early (like to start day by 6:00) {Boys are early risers. I am no means perfect, but so much better.}
  23. dress for my hubby more often (less jeans and t-shirts) {I am struggling in the colder season, but I am crossing it off because 1. I wore skirts/dresses most of summer and 2. hubby likes me in jeans and t-shirts.}
  24. style hair more, less ponytails {Since I made the cut, I have been better, not perfect, but better.}
  25. blog regularly {Ongoing.}
  26. exercise regularly {You would not believe that one of my previous careers was a full-time fitness instructor and personal trainer.}
  27. craft through books; get rid of books not needed {I have not actually been crafting through books, but I have been getting rid of the ones that do not inspire my creativity.}
  28. craft through stash {Stash is still here, but getting smaller. The only materials I have bought have been project-specific.}
  29. make a dress, and wear it {May make more, but check this one out.} 
  30. start selling on etsy {I am scared…}
  31. do a 365 project {Have been thinking of ideas, may start Jan. 1st.}
  32. have a (semi) handmade Christmas {have ideas written down, need to get cracking!}

Wow! I have so much room for improvement!

Thanks for bearing with me on this long, boring post.

Do you set goals, if so what are your methods for achievement?

2 comments:

  1. I can relate to a lot of these! I do set goals - I am a bit of an obsessive list maker :) There is just something satisfying about crossing things off when they are complete! What is a 365 project? I've heard of it before but (embarrassed) I don't know what it is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have so many lists! I love crossing things off.

      A 365 project is a commitment to something for 365 days. For instance Jillian from refashionista.net did a refashion a day, there was crockpot365, I found a blogger who crocheted a granny square a day, one who decluttered, another who used their 365 days to grow spirtually, etc. Also, a lot of people have blogged about their 365 challenge.
      I want to do something that will be challenging, yet achievable, and will enrich my life some how. (See why I am having trouble pinpointing what I want to do?)
      Thank you for your comments!

      Delete