Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Christmas Stockings DONE!

Stockings were always my favorite part of Christmas morning. We had to save the stockings for last. We opened all the other gifts, then had to clean up the mess. After that we could get into our stockings.

The stocking always held the most magical gifts. From the practical toothbrush, to the color-changing pens, to the latest cassette tape, and even jewelry as I got older. I love this tradition, its right up there with picking out the Christmas tree.

Fast forward a few years and new family later…we have an ugly mash-up of stockings. I mean real ugly. To top it off, the twins don’t even have stockings. Last year that was okay, they were only 5 months old. (I know, somebody call the Bad Mommy Police STAT!)

I have been wanting to make Christmas stockings for a couple of years now. Just never got ‘round to marking it off my to-do list. This year, we needed proper stockings. And pretty ones.

I found this tutorial from Teal and Lime and fell in love. These were it!

I absolutely adored her color choices, but I don’t want to make stockings again. (Especially after cutting out all those a’s and e’s, if you don’t have kids yet- choose their names wisely. Winking smile) So I choose the timeless red and green, lime green, but green.

I LOVE how they turned out!

stockingcollage

My brother also needed stockings, so I added those to the list. This project was fairly simple. It took me some time because I did eight stockings with full first names, but I had them done in a couple of hours. (If you want to get your stockings done quick, just use initials.)

This project was also cheap! Jo-Ann’s had felt-by-the-yard on sale for 2.99 a yard. I bought a yard of each color. I think I have enough red for two more stockings, and a ton of green. Not too bad in my book.

Here’s a question- What can I do with the rest of this felt? I am supposed to be using up my stash, not adding to it!

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! You did a great job cutting out ALL those letters!
    What to do with the green? Well, St Patricks Day is coming...? ;)
    *hugs*deb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. They looked very nice hanging on the "mantle."
      St. Patty's Day, I really should be thinking ahead...

      Delete
  2. What a great idea making those beautiful stockings! Wishing you and family a Joyous Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I hope your holidays were awesome as well!

      Delete